We're starting a bit of a revolution with our lemonade. With nothing to hide, we admit that our lemonades might have more sugar than you prefer. We sweeten with organic agave, a low glycemic sweetener. Learn more about it here. It is important that we stay true to our original recipe so agave-sweetened drinks are the way we roll. If you're still feeling you'd love all that flavor without too much sweet, why not dress them up to your liking?
So, let's start a movement without sacrificing the flavor. Lemonade is a classic summertime drink. Unfortunately, it's also one that has a lot of sugar, regardless of the brand! We have some great ideas for still making it enjoyable without feeling like you are sugared-out! Keep your cool all summer with these low calorie mixers or mix-ins!
Low Sugar Lemonade Mixers:
- Add coconut water to 1/2 a bottle of our Genesis Strawberry Lemonade.
- Add sparkling water to 1/2 a bottle of our Genesis Ginger Lemonade.
- At barbecues and potlucks, put a couple splashes of Genesis Strawberry Lemonade to your giant water pitcher for subtle flavor.
- Throw a couple splashes of Genesis over your favorite kombucha (we like Brew Dr. Lemon Ginger Cayenne + Genesis Ginger Lemonade).
- Pre-brew a pitcher of black tea and add about a 1/2 cup of Genesis Ginger Lemonade for a low-calorie Arnold Palmer.
- Blend 1/2 cup of ice with 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup Genesis lemonade of choice for a frozen lemonade twist on a hot day.
Low Sugar Lemonade Mix-ins:
- Throw your Genesis Ginger Lemonade over ice and garnish with fresh mint.
- Add a 1/2 cup of any of our lemonades over 1/2 cup water of choice and mix in blueberries, strawberries. Garnish with fresh lavender.
- Garnish your sparkling water combo with lemon wedges and fresh rosemary.
- Add a 1/2 cup of any of our lemonades over a 1/2 cup water of choice. Muddle in some raspberries and garnish with mint.
- Add a banana with any seasonal fruit, a 1/2 cup of any of our lemonades, and ice to a blender for a quick refreshing summer smoothie! Check out more of our smoothie recipes here.