Having ice cream is totally a treat we all deserve but making it healthy without sacrificing flavor is the queen all feel-good desserts. This is the perfect homemade sorbet recipe for those in search of something to cool-off and provide a little energy boost too. Orange and carrot (we promise you won't taste the vegetables) are delightful in creamy coconut milk, all of these packed with benefits. We definitely won't judge if you decide it is healthy enough for breakfast too.
- 1 cup Genesis Orange Juice
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious Coconut Milk
- Combine the orange juice, carrot juice, coconut sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice, vanilla, and coconut milk.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill in the refrigerator until cold (at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight for best results).
- Process in an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Enjoy!